Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SimonSaysStamps Monday challenge:Lucky + step-by-step

hi everyone,

Just dropping in quickly to share a tag I made for SimonSaysStamps Monday challenge:Lucky..

I made a simple tag with lots of stamping...just made sure it has green over it for st. patrick's day theme...


Materials: a tag, prima stamps, doodlebug designs alphas, Faber-castell gelatos, gesso/whilte acrylic paint

Step-by-step 
1. I started with a plain tag and covered it with old book page(a dictionary page also works). That gives you a nice printed background.
2. Adhere the book page completely over the tag and stick it with glue or whatever suits your need.
3. Brush gesso or white acrylic pain all over the tag and just slightly rub it with baby wipes.
4. Then take faber-castell gelatos(color of your choice) and just rub it over the places you want on your  tag.
5. Spritz some water or you can just rub it with your finger all over.
6. Now comes my favorite part i.e. stamping...take the stamp of your choice and stamp on the tag.  I took the prima stamp for flowers and the bo-bunny for hexagons(barely visible). 
7. To end it just stamp the borders of the tag with archival ink and put alphas and then you can add a few black dots with any black ink or you can put some crystal dots or enamel dots on your tag.




Just hop over to the BLOG for more fabulous inspiration from the talented DT members....thanks for stopping by!!....

hugs, 
fena xo

16 comments:

  1. This tag is so beautiful, Fena. I love the wonderful color and stamping. Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks meihsia...I am so glad you visited my blog!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tag Fena!! Love the bright green, text paper and fabulous stamping. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is absolutely stunning! You called it a simple tag, but I think it's extraordinary! I love all the layers of depth you created. I'm a sucker for text backgrounds and you've done it brilliantly here with your old book page. I also love the stamped edges and how you made them sort of blend and fade into the background. The black that you used keeps this tag grounded and modern-looking. I also really liked how you outlined your sentiment and incorporated it into your tag in such an eclectic way. Kudos to you for this tag, which really inspired me. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andrea for such a lovely comment...

      Delete
  4. Beautiful tag! Love the burst of color! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much mona for visiting my blog!!

      Delete
  5. Really nice! Congrats on your spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments...means a lot to me!!